Tata Steel plan to commence production from DSO Project in Canada

Tata Steel Limited

5007   Pre Project Activities Underway

Project Information

Organization Name
Tata Steel Limited
Project Title
Tata Steel plan to commence production from DSO Project in Canada
Project Detail
Tata Steel is planning to commence production from Direct Shipping Ore (DSO) Project in Canada by year-end. The project, a JV where Tata Steel Minerals Canada holds 80% stake and New Millenium Iron Corporation - the remaining 20%, is expected to begin during the October-December quarter. Trial production (was) successful in 2012 with initial mining and dry processing of 63% iron grade ore. Plan for 1 MT of iron ore in FY'14, to be ramped up to over 3 MT in FY15. The DSO Project is run by Tata Steel Minerals Canada Ltd. Tata Steel Minerals Canada Ltd is also involved in the development of New Millennium's LabMag-KeMag iron ore deposits, which together have proven and probable reserves of 5.6 billion tonnes of low grade iron ore.
Project Status
Pre Project Activities Underway
Project State
Not Specified
Country
India
Sector
Chemicals

For more information Subscribe Now